The Environmental Policy applies to all company operations within Icelandia. All employees should respect the policy in their work.
The policy of Icelandia and its affiliates is to minimise negative environmental impacts from its operations and prevent pollution with continuous improvements as a guiding principle. Make the most of resources. Pristine nature is one of our customers' main attractions, so environmental issues and sustainability are at the forefront of all decision-making.
- Treat nature responsibly and communicate information regarding conduct and environmental impacts to customers.
- Work according to the ISO 14001 environmental management system, which is a core part of all the company's operations.
- Reduce emissions through fleet renewal and electric vehicle proliferation, provide preventive maintenance, train drivers to drive vehicles and continuously monitor the development of vehicles based on environmentally friendly technologies.
- Comply with applicable provisions of laws and regulations, instructions from public bodies and other requirements in the operation.
- Monitor and manage important environmental aspects of the company. Emphasis is placed on responsible use of resources, reducing waste and sorting for recycling.
- Increase employees' environmental awareness through appropriate training, education and information on the operation's environmental impact.
- Carbon offset emissions from the company's operations.